Capcom has released a new trailer, information and screenshots for Resident Evil Village “Winters’ Expansion” downloadable content focused on “The Mercenaries Extra Orders”, introducing new playable characters, stages, and additional improvements to the fast-paced action mode.
Lady Dimitrescu, Lord Karl Heisenberg and Chris Redfield join Ethan Winters as playable characters in “The Mercenaries Additional Orders”. Here’s an overview of each character, via Capcom:
- Lady Dimitrescu looms over enemies in this action-packed mode, where she deploys her ten-foot stature against Lycans or other enemies unlucky enough to cross her path. In combat, Lady Dimitrescu builds a Thrill meter by cutting opponents with her razor-sharp claws at ribbons. This allows her to perform special actions, such as knocking down enemies or summoning her daughters.
- Lord Karl Heisenberg possesses its own exciting powers. Equipped with a huge hammer and the ability to manipulate magnetic currents, Heisenberg can really charge his attacks. The terrifying creations from Heisenberg’s factory, Soldat Jets, also join him in the fray – but be careful not to get caught up in the crossfire of their self-destructive attacks. Heisenberg can also trade movement speed to see what enemies are made of by pulling them in with his magnetic field or put on a show for everyone to enjoy by swinging scrap metal, such as saw blades, their way.
- Chris Redfield STARS also in “The Mercenaries Extra Orders.” The legendary BSAA agent packs a serious straight punch that not only takes him out of situations where he’s stuck between a rock and a hard spot, but he also quickly builds up his Onslaught meter. When Onslaught is active, Chris moves and reloads at lightning speed. Chris can also request support from the Hound Wolf Squad by using his target seeker to locate enemy positions and call in support attacks.
The two new phases are ‘Bloody Village’ and ‘Bloody River’.
The “Winters’ Expansion” is also included with Resident Evil Village Gold Editionwhich will be released along with the release on October 28. Here’s an overview of: Resident Evil Village Gold Edition:
Experience survival horror like never before in Resident Evil Villagethe award-winning eighth installment in the genre-defining Resident Evil franchisee. Set after the horrific events of the critically acclaimed Resident Evil 7 Biohazard, the adventure follows Ethan Winters’ journey to a remote snow-covered village filled with a diverse cast of fearsome enemies. After a devastating encounter with Resident Evil series hero Chris Redfield, Ethan chases him in search of answers, only to find himself in an all-new nightmare.
Resident Evil Village Gold Edition is a bundle of the original game and the highly anticipated downloadable content “Winters’ Expansion”, both launched on October 28, 2022. The “Winters’ Expansion” includes a new way to enjoy the full campaign in the “Third-Person” mode ‘, plus ‘The Mercenaries Additional Orders’, a major update to the action-packed ‘The Mercenaries’ mode that introduces new playable characters, and finally comes a sequel to the story in ‘Shadows of Rose’, which picks up on the plot 16 years after the end of the main game. Resident Evil Village Gold Edition also includes a voucher for the “Resident Evil Village Trauma package.”
Most important features:
- A new perspective – See the eighth core entry in the Resident Evil series from a new vantage point in “Third-Person Mode”. In addition to the intense first-person view players enjoyed in the initial release of Resident Evil Villagethey can now see Ethan in action and experience his journey from a new angle in Resident Evil Village Gold Edition and the “Winters’ Extension.”
- The story continues – “Shadows of Rose” resumes the Winters family saga 16 years after the events of Resident Evil Village. The new expansion story follows Rose Winters, the daughter of protagonist Ethan, as she struggles with her terrifying powers. Explore the twisted and twisted world in the consciousness of the Megamycete in search of a cure.
- The mercenaries are back and bigger than ever – The beloved battle-the-clock mode, “The Mercenaries”, returns with new features. In addition to the original content, “The Mercenaries Additional Orders” introduces fan favorites such as new playable characters Lady Dimitrescu, Chris Redfield and Lord Karl Heisenberg, each with their own unique abilities. This added content for Resident Evil Village Gold Edition and the “Winter Expansion” also includes new levels and other improvements.
- Bonus game – Resident Evil Village gives access to a free multiplayer experience with the title Resident Evil Re:Versewhich will be released on October 28, 2022 alongside the launch of Resident Evil Village Gold Edition and the “Winters’ Extension.” An all-star cast of iconic characters take on four to six-player deathmatch battles in classic locations.
- Familiar faces and fresh enemies – Resident Evil series hero Chris Redfield returns under a shroud of seemingly sinister motives. Ethan will also encounter a host of new adversaries inhabiting the enigmatic village, all with their own signature attacks.
- Evolution of battles – In addition to attacking enemies, Resident Evil VillageEthan can guard against incoming attacks, or kick enemies to gain time, helping players figure out the best approach to survive the challenges ahead.
- Popular Features Back – Recognizable features return Resident Evil Village which nods to previous Resident Evil titles, such as “The Duke,” a merchant that allows players to buy and sell items, buy recipes to craft, and customize weapons.
- Latest technology – RE Engine combined with new technologies available through PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S delivers hyper-detailed graphics, advanced immersive audio and little to no loading times, bringing the village and its inhabitants to life.
- Play across generations – Resident Evil Village Eligible to upgrade from PlayStation 4 to PlayStation 5 digital version at no additional cost and supports Smart Delivery for Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One consoles
Resident Evil Village is now available for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC via Steam and Stadia.
Watch the trailer below. Check out the screenshots in the gallery.