This week at Bungie, we’re gearing up for even more Trials of Osiris, this time with the return of Freelance, giving solo players their pews. We also have more patch notes to go through, as well as some mental health resources, as we know Season of the Haunted’s storyline can get a little hefty.
I don’t know about all of you, but the Haunted storyline continues to get us into exactly those feelings. These are some heavy themes and players from around the world have shared how the ongoing story connects to them and their own stories. That’s why we want to make sure you’re all okay, so if you’d like some help processing those feelings, we’ve listed some helpful resources for you further down in this TWAB. Use them or not, your choice, but the option is there. Eyes up, Guardian, your mental health is important.
As mentioned, we have some patch notes to go through, including which known issues will be addressed first and which will take a little more time. Let’s dive right in with another weekend of Trials of Osiris.
The first Freelance Trials of Osiris weekend for Season of the Haunted is coming up, which means more opportunities to check out the ultra-competitive PvP mode for anyone curious about what it has to offer. Whether you’re playing for engrams or that coveted Lighthouse spot, you still have a shot at both later this week.
We’ve gotten a lot of feedback about the Trials experience, so we’ve learned some important lessons about the player base most involved in competitive experiences like this one. We want you to enjoy your time in Saint-14’s arena of PvP goodness. We will continue to incorporate that feedback, but now enjoy Freelance and make Saint smile. He needs it.
We take these matters seriously and will invest the time and resources necessary to protect our community from malicious actors.
That being said, try not to harass, attack or pile on this person† Any direct assistance not through Bungie’s legal team could harm our ability to address the harm to our community, which is our priority. We stand behind this and will make sure that this person gets the future they deserve. While we appreciate the sentiment, we’re not asking for your help in making that happen.
Now that this person has been identified, we have resolved some of the issues we faced when reviewing license requests for archived music uploads. If you’ve been waiting for this, thank you for your patience, and we hope to see you again in the coming weeks.
Our phenomenal Player Support team is back in action to address some of the known issues that Bungie is aware of, including the bug that flared up around the Seasonal Challenges for Sever. For those who are curious about the inner workings of Lot 2check out what they had to say in their latest report below.
- 9:00 a.m. PDT (1600 UTC): Lot 1 and 2 maintenance begins.
- 9:15 AM (1615 UTC): Lot 1 and 2 are taken offline.
- 10 a.m. (1700 UTC): Lot 2 Hotfix 22.214.171.124 is rolling out across all platforms and regions.
- 2 p.m. (2100 UTC): Lot 1 and 2 maintenance has been completed.
Regarding what needs to be fixed for this update cycle:
- Fixed an issue where players could shoot through Barricades, Ward of Dawn, and thin walls when the Piercing Sidearms Artifact mod and the Armor-Piercing Rounds weapon mods are equipped.
- Piercing Sidearms Artifact mod is re-enabled.
- Fix an issue where the Crucible Vermilion shader effects caused unintended light sensitivity issues.
- Investigating special effects in Nightmare Containment activities that caused unintended concerns about photosensitivity.
- Fixed an issue where Wings of Sacred Dawn did not offer a proposed airborne effectiveness improvement.
- Fixed an issue where Peregrine Greaves did not offer a suggested airborne effectiveness improvement.
- Fixed an issue where Peacekeepers were not offering a suggested improvement in airborne effectiveness.
- Fixed an issue where the Master Vault of Glass raid would not have all challenges active when available through the new raid and dungeon rotator.
- The pattern for making Nezarec’s Whisper cannot be unraveled.
- Defeating targets while Radiant is with the Knock ’em Down does not yield melee energy when used with Caliban’s Hand.
- Calus Mini-Tool and Drang (Baroque) do not upgrade to gold Masterwork borders after upgrading to two enhanced traits.
- The Empty Grief Seasonal Challenge will not complete if a player picks up the scythe that appears during the last encounter, or uses weapon attributes that cause explosions, such as Dragonfly. Players must complete the encounter with their equipped weapons to complete the challenge.
To enter for a chance to appear in our special Bungie Day TWAB, upload your “cheap cosplay” footage to social media using the #ShredsofLight hashtag.
Yes, you heard it right: Shreds of Light, but don’t worry, you fashionistas out there. This doesn’t mean Threads of Light is done; it is still very much alive. As some of you on social media have pointed out, Telesto must have been feeling a little left out with all the love from Threads, but we think we’ve regained control. For now…
Whoo, whoo. Hippy and Sam here with the latest movie of the week, tag teaming in the name of creativity!
hippie: Those who can’t learn, right? That’s the saying? Anyway, I still can’t solo the new Duality dungeon (I’m still trying to get “gud” as the youngsters say), so I wanted to take a moment to ask one of the many community members exclaim who tackled that frontal and kicked booty because: (1) that’s just impressive and (2) all bow† It’s pretty cool, so of course we had to share it.
sam: Animation! I was looking for a PvP montage to use this week and we just wanted to make sure we say this again, we won’t be able to use your videos if there are terrible names, frequent use of swear words or negative comments in the content being submitted. We know you can’t control the internet, but you do have control over the content you publish. Make sure you don’t post things that could stop you from being featured in MOTW.
But then this popped up and it’s Destiny mixed with Naruto and how was I supposed to say no? And no, I’m not sorry I have anime in a row, as Liana told me earlier today, “More anime, less trouble.”
Movie of the week: All-Bow Solo Victory, Duality Edition
Movie of the week: Destiny x Naruto | Light of the firefly
To change things up, here we have Ivan and Bruno from our International Community team weighing in on some of their art choices. The more the better, so get it out, guys!
Ivan: Something about that first illustration takes me back to years when music was more hardcore and color palettes more neon. Great work!
Bruno: I’m a big fan of Titans this season. I’m fucking enemies all day long. But I’m an even bigger fan of Crow, my beautiful and naive Hunter. He’s been dealing with a lot lately, but I couldn’t be more proud of how much he’s growing and how he seems to be finding his place.
Art of the Week: “What were you the god of again?”
Art of the week: Crow remembers
You know the exercise by now. Don’t forget to tag us with those sweet, sweet artist creations by using #AOTW, #Destiny2Art, and #MOTW tags for a chance to be featured.
As promised, we wanted to provide some additional resources for those Guardians who can take the Season of the Haunted storyline to heart. We have loved hearing your stories and we are so humbled that you entrust us with such sensitive memories.
“I have to go,”